- Parks & Recreation
- Pickleball Information
The Village of Cross Plains just recently completed construction on 4 pickleball courts, located at Baer Park. Pickleball is a sport that is growing quickly among people of all ages, and we are excited to bring the opportunity to play, to the residents of Cross Plains.
Pickleball courts are available for rental in 2-hour time blocks, when not scheduled for Open Play or other Parks and Recreation Programs. A schedule regarding reservable dates and times will be posted here on our website. This schedule will be updated monthly.
- Open Play: This is time for any/all participants to use the courts at no cost, using the paddle-saddle to determine the next player up. This scheduled time is where players of ALL skill levels are invited to play. (No league play or reserved play is allowed during this time.)
- Parks and Recreation Program Time: This time will be used for both children and/or adult play time, sponsored and/or ran by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Private Rental: Reserved courts for groups of 2 or more, allowing the person who reserved the court(s) decide who is allowed to play. (4 Hour Maximum)
Costs associated with reservations will include:
- Open Play: No costs are associated with this playing option.
- Parks and Recreation Program: Costs will be included in the participant's registration for the program.
- Private Rental: Residents - $10.00 per court (2-hours); Non Residents - $20.00 per court (2-hours)
*A resident is someone that pays property taxes to the Village of Cross Plains.
Reservations will only be accepted via an online request or in-person at the Village Office (2417 Brewery Rd., Monday - Friday, 8am-4pm)
- Online Reservations: www.bit.ly/vocppickleball (Choose Reserve Park or Facility)
- Must be made at least 7 days prior to the reservation date.
- Requests will be reviewed by staff and then fees added.
- Payment must be made prior to the reservation being approved.
- In-Person Requests:
- Must be made at least 48 hours prior to the reservation date, EXCEPT weekend reservations must be made by Thursday. Reservations for the weekend will not be accepted on Fridays.
- Payment is due at the time of reservation.
A paper copy of the schedule may be posted at the court entrances, however, these schedules may not be accurate if reservations are made throughout the month. Please check the online availability for an up-to-date schedule.
**Renters are advised to always have a copy of their reservation receipt to show in case of a dispute. If you are having trouble with gaining access to the court at your specified reservation time, or having any other day-of reservation problems, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 608-798-3241.
Once a reservation is paid for, all fees are non-refundable, except in the case of inclement weather. If you are unable to utilize your reserved time due to inclement weather, a credit for the amount of the rental will be put on your online account for future use towards another rental, activity enrollment, etc. (NOTE: Wind will not be considered inclement weather unless a Wind Advisory is issued by the National Weather Service)
To receive credit on your account, renters must email the Parks and Recreation Director: firstname.lastname@example.org within 1-hour (before/after) of the reservation. The email must contain the receipt of rental attached to it.
If a reservation must be changed due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict, the Parks and Recreation Director, or an authorized agent, will attempt to mediate the solution with all parties affected by the conflict. The Village reserves the right to unilaterally change the reservation schedule if needed, and reservations can be rescheduled or canceled by the Village.