The Village of Cross Plains is working diligently in response to COVID-19. Currently, Village Hall and Village Operations are functioning normally. We are taking precaution to keep our facilities clean, our community healthy, and limit the possible spread of the virus and other germs.
- Disinfected all surfaces and equipment after use.
- Continue to wipe down areas in constant contact.
- Make sure all employees wash hands regularly with soap.
- Disinfect and keep clean our public restrooms.
- Increased sanitation attention to all of our facilities.
- Encouraging staff to stay home if they are not feeling well.
We also encouraging the general public to:
- Wash your hands before and after programs.
- Use hand sanitizers.
- Refrain from direct contact with participants; (handshakes, high fives, etc.).
- Clean equipment before and after use.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Use discretion when attending large events.
Updates and suspensions, cancellations, and changes to municipal business. Please take note that this is a rapidly evolving situation, with updates and changes continuing to be issued. The Village of Cross Plains will strive to provide you with the most recent information as possible.
Park and Recreation Department:
- Cancelling and postponing any events or programs with a potential gathering of 100 people or more.
- Cancelling/postponing all “Adult Fitness Classes” or programs attracting groups who are at the highest risk, including seniors over the age of 55 or people with underlying health conditions.
- Cancelling/postponing all programs within the Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District.
Programs currently being postponed, effective today: (March 13, 2020)
- Adult Fitness Classes – Yoga
- Drop In Basketball – Adult
- Drop in Volleyball - Adult
Staff will continue to evaluate and update as needed.
Resources regarding COVID-19.
Executive Order #72 from Gov. Evers relating to the COVID-19 Coronavirus health emergency.
Dane County Public Health
Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS)
Read the DHS Issue Paper on COVID-19 dated March 12, 2020
CDC Recommended Precautions for Prevention of Spread