The Cross Plains Police Department is looking to hire a Full Time Administrative Assistant. If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Chief Tony Ruesga at email@example.com no later than 4pm on Monday, December 12th.
The Administrative Assistant provides professional, effective, efficient and confidential services to the department by performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties including receptionist responsibilities. The Police Administrative Assistant works a 40-hour week, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM - 4:00PM.
- The Police Administrative Assistant prepares, processes, prints, collates, distributes and mails police records, reports, correspondence and forms.
- Serves as a receptionist for the Police Department.
- Assist with Open Records requests.
- Processes and collects payments.
- Perform data entry and report generation.
- Orders and stocks general office supplies for the Police Department.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date entry into State and National crime reporting databases.
- Monitor MOBILE activity and respond to requests for information.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Chief of Police.
Salary: $20.00 - $22.00/hour - Dependent on Qualifications
- Deferred Compensation
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays - 12
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Clear and concise speech
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- US Citizen
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin Drivers License
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- TIME system certification upon employment
- Ability to work with other employees under pressure and deadlines while always maintaining professionalism
- Ability to respond to citizens in crisis and confrontational situations
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Knowledge of records management and office procedures
- Present a positive image of the Police Department and the Village of Cross Plains
- Must pass a background check
Education Requirements: High School Diploma
**Please send your cover letter and resume to Chief Tony Ruesga at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00pm on Monday, December 12th.**